<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, June 19, 2005

She Promised Me the Stars

Jenny, you were supposed to honour your raincheck for the Planetarium this weekend! How could you go to Sydney instead? : )

Instead of moping around being a pikee, I went to see
The Assassination of Richard Nixon
with Julie.

I don't know if I can really say much more beyond this: it's a brilliant movie, go see it, but it hurts. Every minute of this film hurt me. Nightmarish memories of the recent past? Certainly. But it brought my fear and pity surging forth - here I am, trotting along contentedly in my little life, when all around me people are chained to treadmills of meaningless and degrading work just to eke out some kind of mean existence. Is it worse to do it in ignorance or, as in this film, to know you're trapped? The terrible thing is that all too soon I will forget how I felt after this one. Great film.

2 Comments:

At 19/6/05 6:41 pm, Blogger Anika : Stage Walker said...

I know I sound like a pretentious middle class whitey - but its about CHOICE - certainly in this country.

 
At 19/6/05 11:32 pm, Blogger Magnificent Trout said...

I just wish more people realised they had one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home