<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Weekends Go So Quickly

The later I read into the night, the longer I sleep, the shorter the days seem...

Yesterday afternoon I attended an engagement party. I was feeling a bit nervous about it, almost put off going and initially felt rather out of place in the middle of this strange and much younger crowd, but everything evaporated when I caught sight of my dear childhood friend and his beautiful bride to be. It was wonderfully encouraging to see two people so dedicated to the idea of being together. A long and happy life, Darren and Jenn - all my love goes with you.

Alana joined us for dinner and I whipped up my favourite dhal and puppodums - mmm! - and we set about destroying a chocolate pudding in front of 'Meet the Fockers', which I really enjoyed. "Well, I'd better get going..." finally sorted itself out at 2:30am, and then I read until 3:30...so it was lunchtime when I woke up again!

GP found my keys, missing since Friday, in the obvious spot - in the chiller cabin in the fridge - so in celebration I drove Erik the Red over to help my parents bury a dead photocopier and took them out a coffee in honour of their anniversary. Determined not to let THIS cat disappear, I came home and led Zig-Heil around the garden for the first time on the end of a shoelace, much to the amusement of all the kids at footy practice over the road : )

Now, I think a bubblebath - candlelit, no less - and a book, and an early night this time.

Happy Birthday, Neek!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home