<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm (Still) Thinking About My Doorbell

Happy Unbirthday, Your Majesty - and happy long weekend to the rest of us.

Alana took us out on Saturday night, but not before lodging the White Stripes in my brain! Had a great meal and a couple of pints at our favourite pseudo-British pub and then wandered over to the Troubadour for a couple of sets and a relax. I love it in there - so cosy and intimate and free from poseurs (except for us!) and there's something terribly comforting about brown couches. We kept an eye on the girl soundly asleep on the one next to us.

Afterwards, in fairness to GP, we decided to go and find a dance, and headed over to a club Alana had visited once before and enjoyed. The pinball machines were fun and we'd had just enough to drink to be suitably stupid in the photo booth, but the DJ was in melancholy mood and everyone on the floor must have been in on a fake ID, so we kept our groove things to ourselves (probably wisely - you know me :)

Disappointed, we wandered over into town to a place that...isn't there anymore! Hmm. We'd promised ourselves pancakes before bedtime, so we hung around nursing last drinks until we were all hungry enough - chicken crepes at 3am! Woke up just in time to do a couple of hours exam revision with Vince, who has his last piece of assessment tomorrow (yee-ha!) and twisted Alana's arm into coming to work with me for a couple of hours so I could catch up on some captioning I really should have finished on Friday.
I have such indulgent friends : )

Today I went out early (I love airports) to meet my sister coming home from a chef's conference thing at Hamilton Island. Very envious having looked over her photos of brilliant sands...time for a holiday, methinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home