<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, June 24, 2005

I Watch Short Shorts

Alright, it's sulk time. I went to the see the St Kilda Short Film Festival in its national tour tonight...by myself! My every single solitary friend was, as of 7 this evening, at work, intrastate, interstate or overseas! (Sobs quietly)
You bunch of bastards, you : )

They showed eight films in all, of which my favourite, I think, was 'Lucky'. It was a very short short indeed, and I can't really describe what it's about without giving it away, but if you get the opportunity to see it, then do. Another beautiful one was 'The Twelve Months', an animation based on a traditional Russian fairy story about a put-upon little girl who meets a kindly giant in the forest. They must all have been rather well-funded, which disappointed me a little, but I had to remember that I only got to see a few of the 100 that made it into the festival, and there were over 600 entries altogether. More power to your collective elbow, amateur film-makers everywhere.

1 Comments:

At 7/7/05 9:16 pm, Blogger M said...

Perhaps you just didn't ask the right people??

I can't find anyone now who would be interested in attending a hypothetical Pink Floyd concert at some unspecified time in the future.... if they do go on tour with the original (excl Syd) line up....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home