<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Leaving On a Jet Plane

Not any time soon - the end of next year - but going away.

I've been feeling a little bit like this:

To put one brick upon another,
Add a third, and then a fourth,
Leaves no time to wonder whether
What you do has any worth.

But to sit with bricks around you
While the winds of heaven bawl
Weighing what you should or can do
Leaves no doubt of it at all.

(Said by Philip Larkin in a not particularly Larkinish mood.)

So, I'm going to go and work in the UK for a couple of years because... there's no reason not to. I want to travel in Europe, particularly to see more of Italy, and I want to get to know my English family, and now, I guess, is the best time to do it. I'll pay off what I owe, wring as much training as possible out of work, see if anyone would like to pay me to be a captioner, and then away I'll go. Part of me is nervous about making this kind of decision - I think I must be afraid of 'missing out' on things that might happen, or, worse still, finding out that everyone copes just fine with having me away! - but really, that's bollocks, isn't it? Otherwise, feeling excited about being able to choose my own future. Here I come!

3 Comments:

At 30/5/05 12:56 am, Blogger Anika : Stage Walker said...

yes it is bollocks.

 
At 30/5/05 3:51 pm, Blogger Magnificent Trout said...

Good. Cheers :)

 
At 31/5/05 11:06 pm, Blogger meh said...

I will so see you there! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home