<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Upside of Anger

Jenny and I knocked off work early on Friday and jumped at the opportunity to do something 'normal' with the start of the weekend. We were making for the Sith but took a bit too long over our dinner and so ended up in this film. In a way I was relieved - while I don't mind Star Wars I haven't been keeping up to date with the later - should I say earlier? - films, so I would probably have asked a lot of silly/irritating questions.

I'm not sure if I liked it! There's no doubt that Kevin Costner was fabulous, and that's quite a compliment given that I usually can't stand his films. I liked the simplicity of the storyline and the subsequent focus on the characters and I thought it had a nice moral going about accepting people as they are and finding love in unlikely places, but the ending stuffed me up a bit. I just didn't know what to do with the twist, and I was surprised that the film rushed through it without really showing what I thought should have been a considerable impact on the main character, the girls' mom. Oh, and I don't know why he had to kick the bathroom door in. Thoughts, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home