<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

In Love

With a house, but that's a start, isn't it? : )

Ms Pope and I went to visit a house this morning and, I think, had simultaneously decided it was the one when we got the front door open. We are going to be a dangerous pairing - both of us are serious suckers for charm and all too ready to accept a fault as a quirk. Still, that's what makes life beautiful, if you ask me : ) It's just made it very clear that when I am (eventually) in a position to buy my own home I must take along a very level-headed and rational person who doesn't, like me, get pathetically excited by a stuck serving hatch and a sunken (i.e. inconvenient) laundry.

It's a beautiful little house. I say little because it looks that way from the outside, but the rooms are huge with polished floors and I love the layout. The kitchen is cavernous. It's an old building, which gives it its charm, and the decorating is all practically original - which means that my potential bedroom has the world's most hideous wallpaper and the bathroom looks like something out of a Victorian hospital.
I love it. I love it. I love it. I have to admit I was getting quite uneasy at the prospect of living in a new new house I can't touch - I need a soul. And it has a garden, complete with complimentary dead kookaburra, and there's space for my all my plants and we can have barbecues and guests to stay and a cat if we want and I love it.

I have to admit now that it's not ours yet (why tempt fate when you can kick it in the arse?) but we were the first to view and our applications are in and I can't anticipate there being any problem...I hope...

I was on such a high after this morning that it didn't faze me at all when Erik the Red's water pump exploded in the middle of the South East Freeway this afternoon, and it didn't faze me at all when the mechanic showed me the quote for a new one. (Arghh!) It fazed me a little bit to wait 45 minutes in the rain at West End for a taxi to get me to work, but other than that I am faze-free. (It must be love.) And, really, I'm buying a new car...one piece at a time. See what happens when I get attached to things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home