<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Weekender

After my bitter complaints on Friday it's been a much more social weekend. Saturday was an exhausting and utterly fruitless househunting marathon saved by the accompaniment of the delightful Miss Pope, who's condescended to be my flatmate. (She has no idea what she's in for.) At four in the afternoon we were both totally out of blood sugar and quite delirious - by the time we made it to our last inspection I'd stopped talking entirely and was into grunts. Two sugary espressos later I'd spun the other way and blathered happily all the way through dinner with my folks and woke up at midday to find my uni readers in bed with me. God only knows what it was I read or what time I stopped reading it - I only hope it reasserts itself when I sit the exam!

AJ dropped in midafternoon for coffee and a girly chat and ended up staying for dinner. Dinner started off as lasagne from scratch (trying to show off) but rapidly degenerated into frozen fish and veg and packet mix muffins when I got halfway down the second page and remembered how long it's supposed to simmer for : (
Sorry, Alana! Still, I was able to demonstrate my fairy lights* to great effect and even heard them complimented by my neighbour's lady friend as they headed out for the evening. (Still doesn't cook.) (Mind you, neither do I, it would appear.)

Feeling much better about the state of the universe. Thanks be to good mates : )

* They took me bloody ages to wind through the fence at Christmas and I just can't bear to take them down yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home