<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, March 28, 2005

Warm and Fuzzy

It's been a blissful long weekend. Ginette and I have been 'at home' to visitors for the first time and it's been wonderful to have the house full of good friends. Friday night was a birthday party for Mel and the Divine Miss P ending in coffee and stargazing at 2am. Saturday was the long-awaited reunion with Miss Vilee (she brought me Pyrex!) and a very welcome visit from Alana, who then insisted (through sheer bloody-mindedness, I think!) on helping me clean out my old flat ready for the new tenants. More Spray and Wipe up the nose for both of us and fits of giggles trying to order a pizza. On Sunday morning I was home to Mum and Dad (both already suffering from acute Walnut Whip overdose - they always start in on the chocolate on Friday) and spent the afternoon - and then, when they couldn't get rid of me, the evening - in the company of Anika and her wonderful family. (Sighs contentedly)

Today I've been a bit more domestic, if only to avoid starting work on the essay I've got due next week. At the moment I'm back at Ma and Pa's waiting for their washing machine to finish spinning my clothes. My little Fisher and Paykel is refusing point blank to function for me - Ginette can convince it to rinse, but ask it to spin and it sits there beeping plaintively until you take pity on it and switch it off. We've had the same set of towels in there for a week and it's all getting pretty ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home