<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Desperation

Not mine, the Education Department's.
The funniest things happen when you're looking the other way.

Viz:
Friday morning I was a captioner.
Friday lunchtime I got phoned by a school principal.
Friday afternoon I was offered a job.
Monday morning I accepted it, and in four weeks time I'll be an Italian teacher again!

I didn't go looking for it, it came looking for me, and, having heard the gates of EdenTM* slam shut behind me 2.5 years ago and thinking I'd never be able to prise them open again, that seems reason enough to really find out if I'm any good at the thing I spent five years training to be.

Have been outstandingly dignified about resigning from current,
very much beloved, work family.

Only cried:
When telling the boss.
When telling Boy Captioner (whose hens night I'm still organising : )
When telling Girl Captioners (3 separate occasions).
When telling my mum that I'd told the boss, Boy Captioner, Girl captioners...

And thank you to everyone who got phoned in a panic on Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday lunchtime... You're always so supportive of my efforts to work out who the hell I am.

* Well, a sleep-deprived, paper-cut Eden inahbited by caffeine junkies with glue stuck to the ceiling...

3 Comments:

At 28/6/06 8:13 pm, Blogger M said...

wow, excellent!

i think... how're you feeling?

 
At 29/6/06 12:17 pm, Blogger Magnificent Trout said...

Alternately very excited and utterly terrified, which I'm assuming is healthy :) It feels like the right thing to do, and at least this way I won't die wondering!

 
At 13/7/06 10:36 am, Blogger Lioness said...

Well congrats! If it feels right then it will be right. I know it sounds simplistic and daft but I believe in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home