<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

No More Romantic Comedies

In fact, no more romantic anything!

I took Mum to see 'Ladies in Lavender' on Monday while Lauren and Dad went to see 'HHG'. What a beautiful film - stunning Cornish scenery, the magic of the 'foreign', the wonderful horribleness of unrequited love, the romance of music... I may have been the youngest person in the cinema by about 25 years, but I did enjoy myself.

But, really, it was the last straw. Before this film, in reverse chronological order, 'Fever Pitch', 'Something's Gotta Give', 'Wimbeldon', 'Notting Hill', 'Life as a House' and 'Truly, Madly, Deeply' had been through my VCR while I ironed and cleaned out my filing cabinet and hung upside down over the sofa. It's enough to make me run into the street in my pyjamas and proposition the first bloke I see. Dangerous, I'm sure you'll agree, for everyone involved. So I'm going on a diet. Bring out the Van Damme!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home